Wilhelmus Provoost and Jenne Eerdwijns
Wilhelmus Provoost was baptized 12 January 1572 in Antwerp, Flanders, Belgium, the son of Ghiliam Provoost and Maeijken Stevens. Wilhelmus had two older half-sisters, Maijcken and Elijsabeth Provoost, four older sisters, Anna, Margareta (probably died young), Margareta, and Katherina, two younger sisters, Sara and Esther, and one younger brother, Adam. Wilhelmus married Jenne Eerdewijns 2 Mar 1603 in the Waals Hervormde Kerk (Walloon Reformed Church), Dordrecht, South Holland, Netherlands. Jenne was born about 1580 in Antwerp, Flanders, Belgium to Elias Eerdewijns and Jenneken Colpijns. Both Wilhelmus and Jenne had died before the marriage of their daughter, Janneke, in 1641.
Wilhelmus and Jenne had:
1. Guilliame Provoost, baptized 16 Aug 1604 in the Oudekerk, Amsterdam, North Holland, Netherlands, married Maaike van der Straten 8 Mar 1638 in Amsterdam, North Holland, Netherlands, a grocer.
2. Elijas Provoost, baptized 24 Oct 1606 in the Nieuwkerk, Amsterdam, North Holland, Netherlands, married Agniet Jellis (the daughter of Gillis Jochimsz and Beijken Schuts-see Ten Waert family) 17 May 1633 in Amsterdam, North Holland, Netherlands, died Jul 1636.
3. Maijke Provoost, baptized 10 May 1609 in the Nieuwkerk, Amsterdam, North Holland, Netherlands.
4. David Provoost, baptized 11 Aug 1611 in the Oudekerk, Amsterdam, North Holland, Netherlands, married Margriet Gillissen (Ten Waert) 10 Aug 1637 in Amsterdam, North Holland, died 12 May 1657 probably at New Amsterdam, New Netherland, winedealer while residing at the Heerenmarkt in Amsterdam, commissary of provisions, tobacco inspector, laywer, and notary public at New Amsterdam, commissary of Fort Good Hope.
5. Benjamin Provoost, baptized 17 Nov 1613 in the Nieuwkerk, Amsterdam, North Holland, Netherlands.
6. Janneke Provoost, baptized 24 Oct 1617 in the Nieuwkerk, Amsterdam, North Holland, Netherlands, married Gerbrant Meijlema 18 Jun 1641 in Amsterdam, North Holland, Netherlands.
1. Slok, Hendrik O., "The Provoost Family in the Netherlands", New York Genealogical & Biographical Record, Vol. 113, No. 1, Jan 1982, pgs. 1-9.
2. Provoost Manuscript, New York, 1749 (a handwritten manuscript copied by John Provoost from his uncle David Provoost's notes).
(c) 2002 by Michelle Boyd, All rights reserved.
Return to Caudebec Page
Return to Home Page
To contact me: email@example.com
Last updated 21 Jul 2002.