FAMILY GROUP RECORD OF
WILLIAM AND ALYS DENZE
William Denze of Bourton was born in the late 1400s. He married Alys. William died and was buried 23 May 1545 in Cropredy.
William and Alys had the following children:
1. Richard, born in
about 1520 of Cropredy; married Catherine; of Little Bourton; will
written 1559 mentioning sons John, William and Thomas; buried 1559
2. Fremund, born in about 1525 of Cropredy; occupation - husbandman of Bourton; lived with niece Alese Howse in later years; buried September 1609 in Cropredy; will proven 1609.
*3. Alice, born in about 1538 of Cropredy; married John Sherman 22 November 1556 in Cropredy.
4. Margytt, christened 27 March 1539 in Cropredy; buried 13 April 1539 in Cropredy.
5. William, christened 6 Jan 1540 in Cropredy; buried March 1558/9 in Cropredy; will proven 1558/9, mentions brothers John, Thomas, Richard and Fremund, and sister Elyne Polton.
6. Simond, christened 28 October 1540 in Cropredy; buried 14 November 1540 in Cropredy.
7. Anne, christened 18 November 1543 in Cropredy.
8. John, mentioned in brother William's will.
9. Elyne, mentioned in brother William's will; married Mr. Polton.
10. Thomas, mentioned in brother William's will; married Elizabeth Gyll 1544 in Mollington; had children John, Elizabeth and Alice; Elizabeth was a widow in her will of 1602.
SOURCES: Cropredy parish register; The Town of Cropredy,
1570-1640, Pamela Keegan; will of Richard Denzie, 1559; will of
Fremund Denzie, 1609; will of William Denzie, 1558/9; will of
Elizabeth Denzie, 1602, wills on
An earlier Denze is mentioned in the Poll Tax for Wardington in 1379:
Willelmus Dency 4d
SOURCE: The Poll Tax 1377, 1379 and 1381; Carolyn C. Fenwick.
If you have any additional information
about this family, please contact me at email@example.com.
table of contents