FAMILY GROUP RECORD OF
ROBERT AND ELIZABETH LADKINS
Robert Ladkins born in about 1550 of Boddington, Northamptonshire,
most likely the son of William Ladkins. He was a husbandman of Upper
Boddington. Boddington was a parish about five miles north of
Cropredy. He married Elizabeth.
Elizabeth died and was buried 6 February 1615 in Boddington.
Burial record for Elizabeth Ladkins
in Boddington: "Elizabetha uxor Roberti Ladkins sepulta fuit -
ij die Ffebruarij"
Robert died and was buried 9 January 1619 in Boddington.
Burial record for Robert Ladkins in
Boddington: "Robertus Ladkins sepultus fuit - xiiij die
Robert left a will dated 1619. Extracts from the will show:
Robert Ladkins of Upper Boddington, husbandman, written 17th
My body to be buried in the churchyard of Boddington.
To the parish church of Boddington 10s.
To the poor of the parish 10s
To my eldest son William Ladkins 10s.
To my son Richard Ladkins 20s and to Robert Ladkins son of
the said Richard Ladkins 20s.
To my daughter Gill's 4 children viz. 5s to Thomas Gill, 5s
to Richard Gill, 5s to Sara Gill & to Marie Gill 5s.
To my daughter Buckerfield's 2 children 10s viz.
To Folitt Buckerfield 5s & to Agnes Buckerfield 5s.
The rest to my son John Ladkins my executor
Overseer Mr William Proctor, parson of Boddington & my
nephew William Ladkins of Nether Boddington
Sign X Robert Ladkins
Witnesses William Proctor, Raynfford Burton, William Ladkins,
Probate granted 5th March 1619/20 £162.2.0
Robert and Elizabeth had the following children:
1. William, buried 4 February 1576 in Boddington.
2. Elizabeth, christened 14 November 1576 in Boddington;
married Thomas Gill 1 July 1602 in Cropredy, Oxfordshire; mentioned
in father's will of 1619.
Baptism record for Elizabeth Ladkins in Boddington: "Elizabetha
Ladkings filia Robti baptiz: xiiij die Noveb:"
3. William, christened 27 January 1579 in Boddington; listed
as "my eldest son" in father's will of 1619.
4. Richard, christened 5 November 1580 in Boddington;
mentioned in father's will of 1619.
5. John, christened 10 October 1582 in Boddington; mentioned
in father's will of 1619; had will probated 1645.
6. Agnes, christened 5 September 1584 in Boddington.
7. Johanna, (twin) christened 3 December 1586 in Boddington;
buried 26 December 1586 in Boddington.
8. Cicilia, (twin) christened 3 December 1586 in Boddington;
buried 6 December 1586 in Boddington.
9. Sara, christened 3 January 1588 in Boddington; married
Edward Buckerfield 6 August 1610 in Boddington; mentioned in
father's will of 1619.
10. Thomas, christened 6 March 1591 in Boddington; will
11, Jeromye, christened 3 October 1593 in Boddington; buried
16 December 1593 in Boddington.
SOURCES: Boddington parish register; Cropredy parish register;
extract of Robert Ladkins' will, 1619.
FAMILY GROUP RECORD OF
Other early Ladkins in Boddington:
William Ladkins was born in about 1520 of Boddington. He is most
likely the father of Robert Ladkins. William died and was buried
8 December 1580 in Boddington.
William had the following children:
1. Robert, born in about 1550 of Boddington; married
Elizabeth; buried 9 January 1619, leaving a will.
- Thomas, christened 20 September 1558 in Boddington, the son
of Thomas Ladkins.
- Thomas Ladkings married Johanna Burroes 8 November 1586 in
These Ladkins are found in the Northamptonshire Calendar of
SOURCE: Boddington parish register; www.ancestry.co.uk.
- Thomas Ladkins of Boddington, probated between 1560 and 1566.
- Ann Ladkins of Boddington, probated between 1602 and 1610.
- Jerome Ladkins of Boddington, probated 1613.