There were these Kiely families listed in
Griffiths Valuation in Galbally in 1852:
- Denis Kiely, Barna
- Edmund Kiely, Barna
- Edmund Kiely, Ballynamuddah
- Foulk Kiely, Ballynamuddah
- Jeremiah Kiely, Ballynamuddah
- Martin Kiely, Deerpark
- Michael Kiely, Keeloges
- Philip Kiely, Ardnamoher
- Roger Kiely, Baurnagurrahy
- William Kiely, Knockanebrack
These Kiely families are found in the early parish register:
"Kiely is an Anglicized form of the Old Gaelic O'Cadhla. The
Gaelic prefix O indicated male descendant of, plus the byname
Cadhla, meaning graceful or beautiful; hence, descendants of
the graceful one. The name in chiefly found in the Munster
counties of Waterford, Limerick and Cork."
- Phill Kiely, farmer had a son Patrick baptized in 1810.
- Patrick Kiely, farmer had a daughter Margaret baptized
- Roger Kiely, farmer and Judy Mahony of Anah had a
daughter Judy baptized in 1810.
- John Kiely, farmer and Margaret Briton of Drumleague
had a daughter, Ally, baptized in 1811.
- Patrick Kiely, farmer and Ally Cooke of Corroughderry
had a daughter Honora (1810), daughter Anne (1811), and
son Thomas (1817).
- William Kiely, farmer and Catty Donnell of Longford had
a daughter Bridget baptized in 1810.
- John Kiely, farmer and Bridget Healy of Ballylooby had
a daughter Catty baptized in 1811.
- Jerry Kiely, farmer and Catty Henessy of Coroughderry
had a son Patrick baptized in 1811.
- William Kiely, farmer and Mary Leahy of Longford had a
daughter Nelly (1811) and Mary (1813).
- Darby Kiely, farmer and Catty Cull of Ballynamuddy had
a daughter Catty (1811) and Enid (1815).
- Patrick Kiely, farmer married Bridget Quirke in 1813
and had a son James baptized in 1819 of Moor.
- Michael Kiely, farmer and Catty Dwyer of Corrooughderry
had a son John baptized in 1812.
- John Kiely, junr and Nelly Ceasy of Longford had a son
Thomas baptized in 1813.
- John Kiely and Betty Heelan had a daughter Honora
baptized in 1815.
- Patrick Kiely, farmer and Mary Brien of Carrigrock had
a daughter Anne baptized in 1816.
- Patrick Kiely, farmer and Margaret Fitzgerald of
Knockanebrack had a son John in 1816.
- Darby Kiely, laborer and Margaret Connors of Stoneparke
had a son Darby baptized in 1819.
SOURCES: Tithe Applotment, Galbally; Griffiths Valuation,
Galbally; Galbally parish register.