James Law married Beatrix Russell 3 December 1691 in Peebles,
Peebleshire, Scotland. Beatrix was christened 23 October 1667 in
Peebles, Peebleshire, the daughter of Adam Russell and Janet
James is mentioned in Extracts from the Records of the Burgh of Peebles, 1652-1714:
6 October, 1710.
The counsell electis, for the gildrie counsell, this ensewing year: — James Gildrie
Neillsone, Robert Forrester, younger, James Tueedie, Thomas Hope, James counsdl -
Greive, and James Law, for the merchantis ; James Hope, for the shoemakeris ;
John Murray, for the wrightis ; James Wyllie, for the weaveris ; Thomas Smith,
for the smithis ; William Renuick, for the couparis ; and William Brotherstaines,
for the flesheouris ; John Jonkisone, dean of guild bailie.
James and Beatrix had the following children:
1. Hendri, christened 4 September 1692 in Peebles.
2. Adame, christened 15 April 1694 in Peebles.
3. Janet, christened 3 May 1696 in Peebles; married
Thomas Lawder 13 June 1718 in Eddlestone, Peebleshire.
4. Archbald, christened 12 September 1697 in Peebles.
5. Aganes, christened 5 November 1699 in Peebles.
6. James, christened 29 March 1702 in Peebles.
7. Jennet, christened 18 February 1704 in Peebles.
8. David, christened 13 December 1705 in Peebles.
9. James, christened 15 January 1707 in Peebles.
10. John, christened 10 November 1708 in Peebles.
11. Beattie, christened 3 September 1710 in Peebles.
12. Thomas, christened 31 January 1712 in Peebles.
from the Records of the Burgh of Peebles, 1652-1714; Peebles
parish register on ScotlandsPeople.
If you have any additional
information about this family, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
to table of contents