FAMILY GROUP RECORD OF
HEZEKIAH CLARKE AND
was christened 5 September 1708 in Spondon,
Derbyshire, England, the son of Robert and Catherine Clarke. He
married Martha Cordon 23 April 1731 in South Wingfield, Spondon
parish. Martha was christened 2 October 1705 in Spondon, the
daughter of Henry and Anne Cordon. Hezekiah died in 1799,
leaving a will dated 26 November 1793:
I Hezekiah Clarke of Spondon in the County of Derby, yeoman, do make this my last will and testament in manner following, that is to say I give and devise all that my messuages, house or tenement with the appurtenances thereto belonging situate and being in Spondon aforesaid, and now in the occupation of my grandson Robert Clarke. Unto him my said grandson Robert Clarke and to his heirs and assigns for ever subject nevertheless to and charged with the payment of the legacies or sums of ten pounds apiece to my two grandsons, John Clarke and Hezekiah Clarke, and to my granddaughter Elizabeth Clarke, to be paid to them respectively by said my said grandson Robert Clarke, his heirs or assigns within.twelve months next after my death. Also I give and devise all that my close situtate at Spondon aforesaid called Alford Meadow. Also all that my other close or new inclosure in Spondon aforesaid call the fflaxhill adjoining to the said Alford Meadow unto my son in law William Tebbutt of Spondon aforesaid and to his heirs and assigns for ever subject, nevertheless to and charged with the payment of the several legacies following, that is to say - the sum of thirteen pounds ten shillings to my daughter Catherine Ashby, and the sum of forty pounds to my daughter Anne Sawman to be paid to them respectively by my said son in law, William Tebbutt, his heirs or assigns within twelve months next after my death. I also give and devise all that my messuages, house or tenement with the appurtenances which I purchased of Joseph Freckleton situate at Burrowash in the said county of Derby unto my daughter Martha Winters, her heirs and assigns. And as to all other my messuages, closes, lands, tenements, hereditaments and real estate and all my personal estate and effects of what nature or kind soever and wheresoever I give, devise, and bequeath the same unto my said son in law William Tebbutt, his heirs, executors, administrators, and assigns. And I do hereby constitute and appoint the said William Tebbutt sole executor of this my will hereby revoking all former and other wills by use at any time heretofore all forever and other wills by me at any time heretofore made. In witness whereof I the said testator Hezekiah Clarke have to this my last will and testament, setting hand and seal the twenty sixth day of November one thousand seven hundred and ninety three.
Signed, sealed, published and declared by the said testator Hezekiah Clarke as and for his last will and testament in the presance of us who have hereunto set our hands as witnesses hereto in the presence of the said testator and of each other. John Cade, John Moe, John Parker
Proven 15 October 1799
Hezekiah Clarke's signature on his will
Martha had the following children:
1. Mary, christened 10 September 1732 in Spondon,
Derbyshire; married William Theobald (possibly the William
Tebutt mentioned in Hezekiah's will) 22 September 1760 in
Spondon. Mary may have died before 1793, as she is not mentioned
in her father's will.
2. Rebecca, christened 9 November 1735 in Spondon, buried 23 November 1735 in Spondon.
3. Martha, christened 12 February 1737 in Spondon; married John Winters 22 October 1760 in Ockbrooke, Derbyshire; died 8 November 1809 in Ockbrooke.
4. John, born about 1740 in Spondon; married Mary Kirk 16 February 1768 in Breaston, Derbyshire; had children Robert, John, Elizabeth and Hezekiah.
5. Catherine, christened 6 April 1743 in Spondon; married Francis Ashby 26 December 1763 in Spondon; died 10 August 1813 in Alveston, Derbyshire.
6. Anne, born in about 1745 in Spondon; married Mr. Sawman.
Spondon parish register; www.familysearch.org;
www.ancestry.com; will of Hezekiah Clarke proven 15 October
1799, from Lichfield Records Office.
FAMILY GROUP RECORD OF
ROBERT AND CATHERINE CLARKE
Robert Clarke was
born in about 1664 of Chaddesden, Derbyshire, the son of John
Clarke and Elizabeth Holbrook. He married Catherine in about
1693. Robert and Catherine had the following children:
1. Matthew, christened 3 September 1694 in Spondon, Derbyshire; buried 4
September 1694 in Spondon.
2. Elizabeth, christened 7 September 1695 in Spondon.
3. John, christened 12 March 1699 in Spondon; buried 6
December 1722 in Spondon.
4. Katherine, christened 7 December 1701 in Spondon.
5. Sarah, christened in December 1703 in Spondon.
6. Katherine, christened 18 December 1705 in Spondon.
7. Francis, christened 11 March 1706 in Spondon; buried
14 March 1708 in Spondon.
8. Hezekiah, christened 5 September 1708 in Spondon;
married Martha Cordon 23 April 1731, in South Wingfield,
9. Rebecca, christened 16 May 1711 in Spondon.
SOURCE: IGI, Spondon parish register.
FAMILY GROUP RECORD OF
JOHN CLARKE AND
John Clarke was
born in about 1635 of Chaddesden, Derbyshire. He married
Elizabeth Holbrook 5 May 1660 in Spondon. John and Elizabeth had
the following children:
1. Robert, born in about 1664 of Chaddesden; married
Catherine; died before 1 October 1728.
2. Ann, christened 16 August 1663 in Chaddesden.
3. Mary, christened 24 January 1666 in Chaddesden.
4. Elizabeth, christened 8 March 1669 in Chaddesden.
5. Joseph, born in about 1670 of Chaddesden; married
Catherine 9 September 1690.
If you have any additional information about this family, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.